Accepting registrations and credit card payments made simple.
It's easy to set up, and it won't cost you a cent!
We offer team registration as well as free agent / player registration.
The Process In Short
- Go to your Club Page and create an upcoming season or tournament
- Open Registration Settings and register with WePay
- Enter a price per team or add a free agent pool
- Send your customers to your club page or registration page to sign up
- Receive email notifications for any payments and see teams populate directly into your REGISTRATIONS tab
In More Detail
1. Go to your Club Page and create an upcoming season or tournament
Once you've set up your WePay account, go to your Club Page and set up an upcoming season or tournament:
2. Register with WePay
Click Registration Settings and select your country:
That opens up a dialog with some answers to common questions. Click the blue chat button if you have any further questions.
When you're ready, click the button at the bottom:
That'll open up our payment processor's very simple signup form:
This simple form is all there is for now. Once you've created the account, you're ready to set up your registration page.
You'll receive a confirmation email from WePay with instructions to finalize your setup.
3. Enter a price per team or add a free agent pool
Click on Registration Settings to expand that section, then enter a price per team and optionally a maximum number of teams that are allowed to register.
To enable free agent / player registration, click the Add Free Agent Pool button.
Make sure a contact is selected (highlighted) under Contacts. This will be shown to registrants as the league contact on the registration page and confirmation email. If you need to add other contacts, please reach out to us via chat (we're working on making that self-serve – right now, we have to do it for you).
4. Send your customers to your club page or registration page to sign up
You'll see the links displayed under registration settings:
You can also just send them to our home page and have them type the name of your organization or event into the search box.
Here's an example of a registration page:
Customizing the Registration Form
You can add custom fields to the registration form by adding a custom form under registration settings. Click here for more on that.
Example checkout page:
Example confirmation page:
5. You will receive email notifications for any payments
You'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (labeled as LeagueLobster via WePay) every time you receive a payment.
You can also access a history of your received payments through your accounts page.
Registered teams will appear on the REGISTRATIONS tab of your event.
You can also log into WePay to see all your payments, issue refunds etc.
That's it to get started. Let us know if you have any questions we didn't cover here or if you have any other suggestions. 🤗